If you are contacting us about adopting a pet, please go to the ADOPTIONS tab and follow those instructions.
If you have a pet that you want to surrender, please read the article, How To Re-Home Your Pet. Then if you still need our help, you can contact us at (502) 585-3220. Please keep in mind that we are not a shelter and currently do not have kenneling facilities. Most of our adoptable dogs are in foster homes. We may be able to help you find a new home for your pet, but we cannot always assume ownership of the animal.
When you call, our voice mail will answer. Listen carefully to the message and please follow the instructions on the recording.
- Understand that rarely will a person answer the phone; our volunteers pick up the messages remotely and return the calls when time permits.
- When leaving a message, speak clearly and be sure to leave your telephone numbers.
- Be patient; our volunteers try to return calls as quickly as possible and in the order of importance.
- If you haven’t received a return call within 48 hours, please call back because a volunteer may have tried to return your call and been unsuccessful.
- Please know that your caller ID will not show Shamrock Pet Foundation’s phone number. You may have received a return call and not realized it.
- If you don’t have an answering machine or voice mail, it is difficult for a volunteer to leave a message.
Volunteers will try to return a particular call up to three or four times before moving on to other calls. To help insure a return phone call, be sure to leave your name, number, address, zip code, and a brief message regarding your situation. (Make sure the numbers that you leave are correct.)
We return emails and phone calls as quickly as we can. Please keep in mind that we are an all-volunteer organization funded by private donations. It could take several days for us to return a phone call, email, or letter, and priority is given to emergency situations.
Also, we can always use volunteers. If you are interested, please contact us using the Volunteer Opportunities email address below.
The Shamrock Pet Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 24033
Louisville, KY 40224
Cat adoption & surrender information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dog adoption & surrender information: email@example.com
Memberhips or Donations: firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Opportunities: email@example.com